- What is the advantage of using text messaging for marketing / communications?
Text messages are a brief, effective, inexpensive means of communication. Most people carry their cellular phones with them wherever they go, so unlike email, text messages can reach people when they are away from their desks and they have an open rate of over 90%.
- How much do text messages cost to send using Textafied?
Text message costs are 1 credit for SMS and typically 3 credits for MMS. Please see our Pricing page for more details.
- Do you charge any fees? Am I required to sign a monthly contract?
No, we will never charge you any fees, or require you to sign a contract. When you open an account it is set to the Free plan. Once you use up the free credits in your account, you can purchase credits to pay for the texts you wish to send. We offer a wide variety of monthly plans. Please see our Pricing page for complete details.
- How long may I save my purchased credits?
Unused purchased credits roll over to the following month but will expire 10 months after their purchase date.
- Can you forward incoming texts to my email address for free?
Yes, this feature is available in your back office.
- Can you forward incoming texts to my personal mobile phone?
Again , available in your back office.
- Can I receive replies to the group text messages that I send?
Yes. They will be delivered to your account inbox. If you'd like, you can forward your replies to your cell phone or your email address, and even reply from your email client and our software will send it back as a text.
- Can I send a single text message?
Yes. Instead of selecting a group of contacts, enter a single telephone number or contact when you compose your message.
- How do I purchase credits?
If you are logged into your account, all you need to do is click one of the payment buttons under the "Credit Package" heading then you can choose any package you want. You will be taken to our secure payment server. You will be asked to fill out a short form. Your payment will be processed and the credits will be added to your account instantaneously. We accept credit cards through Stripe and PayPal.
- Do you limit me to a certain number of text messages?
No. As long as you do not violate our Anti-Spam Policy, you may send as many text messages as you pay for.
- Why did some of my contacts not receive a text I sent them?
First, please confirm that the recipient has text messaging enabled with his or her carrier. If your recipient uses a pre-paid mobile phone service, his or her balance may be too low (assuming he or she pays for incoming text messages). Other reasons may include (but are not limited to): a recipient's phone being out of memory, a recipient's phone being out of network, or an incorrectly typed number.
- Do I pay for text messages that my recipients do not receive?
Yes. We charge you one credit every time our system sends a text message on your behalf, as we are charged every time we pass your message through our SMS gateway.
- What is a Keyword?
A Keyword is a unique term (letters and/or numbers) that people can use to communicate with you.
- How do Keywords work?
Consider the following scenario. You create a keyword (such as "MARIOPIZZA"). Your friends and customers can then send a message containing the Keyword "MARIOPIZZA" back to your number (that you choose when you register) to automatically join your group messaging list. Our software will automatically respond to them, with a customizable message confirming that they have joined ("opted-in" to) your group SMS list.
- Can I have any Keyword I want? Are there limitations?
As long as the Keyword you want is available, you can register it through your account panel. You can use any combination of letters and numbers.
- Are there rules for how I can promote my Keyword online or in print?
No rules, just be sure to follow our Anti-Spam policy and Terms & Conditions. Read this article on how some business`s were very successful in promoting their Keywords.
- Where does Textafied work?
Canada and U.S.A.